Download/Print Zebracide® SE Patent US 2020/0068898 A1 (Opens in new tab or window)
Download/Print Zebracide® SE Patent US 2020/0068903 A1 (Opens in new tab or window)
Download/Print Zebracide® SE Product Label (Opens in new tab or window)
Download/Print Zebracide® SE Safety Data Sheet (Opens in new tab or window)
DESCRIBED AS A MINIMUM RISK PESTICIDE AS DEFINED BY THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
A ZEBRA MUSSEL BIOLOGICAL PESTICIDE ™
ZebraCide™-SE IS NOT A BACTERIUM PESTICIDE – It has been treated to reduce the induction of bacterium into water.
ZEBRA MUSSEL INFESTATIONS ADDRESSED WITHOUT ADDING HEAVY METALS, BACTERIUM OR OTHER KNOWN TOXINS
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
See Side Panel for First Aid and Additional Precautionary Statements
Net Weight: _______ Lbs.
Natural Environmental Solutions, Inc.
PO Box 128
Gardner, KS 66030
Questions? Email: info@ZebraCide.com
This product has not been registered by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Natural Environmental Solutions, Inc. represents that this product qualifies for exemption under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act.
Made in USA
(Side Panel Information)
Precautionary Statements: May cause eye damage or eye irritation. May form a combustible dust. Use in well ventilated areas.
First Aid: Following eye contact, rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, and continue rinsing eye. Seek medical attention if irritation persists.
Directions for Use
READ AND FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS FOR USE PRIOR TO ANY APPLICATION. Always consult governing authority for all bodies of water (including run off) prior to use.
Zebracide®-SE is a unique product that addresses Dreissena polymorpha (Zebra Mussel) infestations by blocking/preventing their ability to filter and digest, causing mortality. For best results, use when water temperatures range from 45°F or 90°F degrees. Prior to any large-scale treatment, test in a small infested area.
CLOSED CELL INDUSTRIAL WATER BODIES WITH NO AQUATIC LIFE CONCERNS
In-vivo chlorophyll levels indicate Zebra Mussel mortality. Measuring this prior to, during and after treatment is the best way to monitor the products effectiveness. In vivo chlorophyll levels of 27 – 54 µg/L and lack of Zebra Mussels activity (Zebra Mussel no longer closes when touched or tapped multiple times) indicate control has been achieved. Maintain chlorophyll level limits within State or Government Guidelines.
- Measure in-vivo chlorophyll levels prior to treating to determine the amount needed to raise the infested water containing Zebra Mussels to the target 25 ug/L to 50 ug/L (37.5 ug/L average) in-vivo chlorophyll level.
- Calculate the needed amount of ZebraCide by subtracting before ug/L in-vivo chlorophyll readings from the 37.5 ug/L in-vivo chlorophyll target reading. Multiply the number in ug/L by 1.33 to determine the amount of ZebraCide-SE to be added, per 1,000 gallons of Zebra Mussel invested water / 133.86 cubic feet of Zebra Mussel infested water. Dose closed water body with 2 ounce of product slurry for every 100 gallons of circulating water to be treated.
- Dose closed body of water evenly with the amount of ZebraCide-SE calculated in the prior step.
4. Record sample in-vivo chlorophyll levels at 30-minute intervals, adding additional ZebraCide-SE to maintain targeted values of 25 ug/L – 50 ug/L. (Lower in- vivo chlorophyll levels of 15 ug/L require considerable more time to achieve an indication of unresponsiveness of the Zebra Mussels when touched or tapped several times, higher levels of in-vivo chlorophyll achieves faster death rate but cost is greatly increased to achieve.)
- For every 1,000 gallons / 133.68 cubic feet add 1.33 ounces (0.08 pounds) of ZebraCide-SE, for every 1 ug/L point under targeted in-vivo treatment level. (For example, if the sample in-vivo chlorophyll level reading is 40 ug/L and a treatment level of 50 ug/L is targeted add 13.3 ounces (0.831 pounds) pounds of ZebraCide-SE for every 1,000 gallons / 133.68 cubic feet.)
- Record sample in-vivo chlorophyll levels at 30-minute intervals, adding additional ZebraCide-SE to maintain targeted values of 25 ug/L – 50 ug/L. (Lower in-vivo chlorophyll levels of 15 ug/L require considerable more time to achieve an indication of unresponsiveness of the Zebra Mussels when touched or tapped several times, higher levels of in-vivo chlorophyll achieves faster death rate but cost is greatly increased to achieve.) Return to “MAINTENANCE, Step 1 for dosing instructions for a time of 6 hours after achieving “unresponsiveness of the Zebra Mussels”.
NOTE: This product is not intended for use in open water bodies, such as lakes, streams, rivers and ponds. If control of Zebra Mussels is needed in open water bodies, consult your local Agricultural Extension Service.
Storage and Disposal
Storage: Store in the product’s closed airtight original container,
in a cool dry area away from dampness, heat and inaccessible to children, animals and aquatic life.
Disposal: Dispose of unused Zebracide™-SE as any other yard waste product.
Container Disposal: If empty, place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
Warranty: Natural Environmental Solutions, Inc. warrants that the product complies with the specifications expressed in this label; to the extent consistent with applicable law. Seller makes no warranties, and disclaims all other warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties or merchantability and fitness for the intended purpose. To the extent consistent with applicable law. Seller’s liability or default, breach or failure under this label shall be limited to the amount of the purchase price. To the extent consistent with applicable law, Seller shall have no liability for consequential damages. ZebraCide-SE label guidelines are superseded by all governing regulatory, licensing, equipment warranties, procedures and processes, when considering wildlife, environmental, safety, equipment, and metallurgical chemistries.
Label ID No: 20200914v1